Re: New Melbourne trains & trams - Local content

In article <8EFBA0CC1telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>,
Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote:
> Chris Brownbill said in message <38D3162F.A2F0C7BF@enternet.com.au>, I
> therefore quote:
>
> >The report quoted contained no such reference - only that 42% of work
> >would be local. To my cynical ears that sounds like someone trying to
> >make political mileage from a publicly unpopular outcome.
>
> And then it's suddenly "Bracks this" and "Bracks that" when it's
realised
> that everything was being built overseas. The problem at hand is, that
it
> was one of Jeff's evil doings. His full intent was probably to let it
go
> overseas and do exactly what Bracks has done now to gain extra
political
> cookie points. The point is, there is probably not much more that
Bracks
> could have done, since it's now at the mercy of the private operators,
and
> we don't get a say in it any more.
>
> The rail companies have two people to please. Public, Shareholders. If
you
> were the director of a large multinational company, you would put your
> preference in the shareholders interests too, there's more money that
>way.

Last Sunday's Sunday age said if 100% of the new rolling stocks to be
build within Victoria would create 11000 new jobs, now that we left
with 42% , how many jobs would create? 4620?

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/