Re: Where is this photo taken?

Without looking at any reference, I am going for Toolamba or Robinvale or
Serviceton; with a possibility of Korong Vale.  The best clues are:
the water tank (see the Banger classification in Newsrail) and
the proximity of the tank to the turntable.
Secondary clues: terminii of derm operationp; your grandfather's postings.

Simon wrote:

> I found the photo below in some old family photos.  I think it is RM61, but
> I could be wrong, it was only a small photo and even scanning it at very
> high res', the number was still not clear.
> What I want to know is where is it?
> My grandfather worked on the railways in the Western District and in the
> Mallee.  This may help.

Regards
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor