Re: [Vic] Vline trains to be built locally

All things considered it is not a disaster of an outcome. Keep in mind that NX
were not obliged to do anything locally...and that , whether you persuasion or
not, the current Government really had not too much of a hand to play.

Siemen,one of the supossed winners in this deal is smarting cronically in
Europe..Siemens is not going too well at he moment and probably in order to
secure work for its books to keep its staff going offfered some pretty
enticing deals.

Maybe..ad this is a big maybe (pure conjecture Ill admit) as Siemens hasa
presence here that Bracks Inc can persuade the Deutch to do some technology
transfering down these parts!!.

Now heres a point lost in the muddy waters...at current capability it was
going to be a real ask of Aussie industry to punch out trains at the speed
that is required....We would be playing Catch-Up as well as Step-Up to do it.

Yes it would be nice to have the skills and work in Victoria...maybe we should
be realistic and think ourselves lucky for that twhich we did get.

Be realistic if someone were toplace anorder for 100 tram sets locally as well
as say 60 odd EMU sets (or however many were ordered) and want them ALL in a
18 monnth to 2 year period...it would be a big ask.

the franchisees get penalised for not providing service...not for not
providing jobs..we all know where the blame lays for that monumental stuffup!!

Maybe If I were ol Steve baby...id be shouting someone from Alstom a lunch or
two!!...now there lies some real potential for procurring jobs on a near and
longer term basis...we could become a regional strength in Railway
equipment..but it wont be from current melbourne orders..we now need to sew
some seeds for the future.