Re: [VIC] Melbourne Moomba tramway parade pix

In article <38cee39c@news.iprolink.co.nz>,
David McLoughlin <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote:

> > >If these trams runs during usual peak hours it surely would attrct
lots
> > >of patrons for Swanston/Yarra trams:-)
> > >

> > But they are unmodified trams that would need a conductor....so you
> > will never see it...
>
> I thought conductors were to be reinstated anyway because of the huge
> fare evasion?
Temporaly put aside due to Transport minister Peter Bachelor have to
sort out the Citylink mess left by Jeff as well as high-speed country
train reports, tram/train order problem, Met card(yawn!!)problem .

It is part of the government commitment to bring back conductor but due
to the mess, I say the chance to reintroduce condutors is high but may
or may not happen so soon.

--
Cheers
James