Re: Oops!!!

<chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
news:38CDF9E1.A56B71F6@enet21.com.au...
> Why aren't Cityrail allowed to say that some oil wagons derailed  at Clyde
on
> the radio on Monday. The radio station guy (who is on 2UE about 5.00pm?)
was
> pretty pissed off as the cityrail employee who makes the report refused to
> state the cause of the delays.

**For 'Official' CityRail reports - tune to 2UE at 06:00 - 08:30 and 15:30 -
17:30 weekdays. Any radio stations besides 2UE that does the CityRail
Reports - please let us know?

The radio guy you are referring to is Mike Carlton (who I think never
catches CityRail trains but does criticise CityRail in his radio program).

The report from the Daily Terrorgraph (14/02/2000):-
TWO commuter rail lines had to be closed when a freight train derailed after
hitting oil tankers in a shunting yard.

The derailment left 2 of the wagons on their side and hit a pole supporting
power lines - closing two lines (main western lines?)

6 disused oil wagons were bumped by another train in the shunting yard
accident and rolled towards the main line before they were derailed by a
safety mechanism - according to FreightCorp.

Although the overhead lines were not badly damaged, power was shut down for
2 hours as staff inspected the damage.

It happened yesterday afternoon, 300m from Clyde Station.

Hope this helps - Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page