Re: [VIC]yet more talk, re:country pass. re-opening

> >By the way I think the study for reviewing country passenger service
> >(Both governemnt and NX report) is already completed.
> It should have been, but it seems more delays (a la Yes Minister) as
can be
> seen in the following press release saying that a committee has been
formed
> to assess viability of Mildura service:

http://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/domino/web_notes/newmedia.nsf/366feaa87308bebf
4a25
> 6811007f839b/e41833f1ff2e46144a25689d007c4a17?OpenDocument
>
> FROM THE MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT
>
> DATE: Thursday, March 9, 2000
>
> MINISTER ANNOUNCES MILDURA PASSENGER RAIL SERVICE
> REVIEW
> The Minister for Transport, Mr Peter Batchelor, today announced that a
> Community Reference Group
> has been formed to help the Bracks Government investigate options for
> re-opening a passenger train
> service from Melbourne to Mildura.

There are 3 different reports:

1. Natioanl Express's evaluation on all rail tracks, passenger train
services and coach lines in Victoria, should be due by May/June this
year.

2.State governemnt's fast country services to
Ballarat/Bendigo/Traralgon/Geelong. Evalution on which stretch of the
track needs upgrade/straighten. According to RD this report already
completed.

3.Local council/State Government's report on Mildura train returning.
This report is due in May this year.

--
Cheers

James