Re: [NSW] Skipping stations - is it a common practice?

Sounds exactly like what happened to me at last Friday. Waiting at Sydenham, all
East Hills trains out of order (like they had been all week!) so i was keeping
an eye on the indicator board. Finally after a 25 minute wait (for a 15 minute
service) an all stations to East Hills was displayed. This was adjusted to first
stop kingsgrove then all to EH. Great, I thought, still make it to the pub.
Annoucements at Sydenham also say first Kingsgrove the all to EH etc.

Train finally arrives the gaurd then announces kinsgrove riverwood and EH are
the only stopping stations. I stay on train in hope that somebody is right as i
want to get off at revesby.

Anyway With further announcements by guard and verbal confirmation with him (But
on-platform annoucements still saying all to EH) i get off at Riverwood to wait
for a train that eventually came after 20 minutes.

Now my conclusion is as follows, when it rains East Hills line trains are just
buggered.

Matt H