Re: fast trains

I think theres been more than enough personal attacking in this forum
in the last few days and so I will ignore those parts.

I have however been posting (sparsely, as I generally refrain from
posting when I have nothing to add to the discussion) for some months
now.

Some money is allocated in the government's transport policy, more
could be made available later if contrary to my view the money
allocated isn't enough. Its not a fantastically expensive project
(like, say, the VFT is). The reason you would want to do it is because
straightening curves is a very good thing - is there anybody on this
newsgroup that seriously disputes this? It allows trains to go faster
and it often shortens the actual distance too.

> Right YOU have done your ranting and raving!
> now please back them up!
> tell us what, and who you are?
> And if you really do believe in the "tooth fairy"
> Tell us where the money comes from and tell us why we would even want
to do
> it?
> and please respect the group and the members in your posts.
> I may be late in realising this, myself, but at least the lurkers
could
> start off on the right foot...;o)
> --
>
> Rod Young
> http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/
> Foundation President and Co-Founder
> Hobsons Bay Model Railway Club Inc.
> Operators of Australia's only 'Australian' Model Railway Show
> Every Easter in Melbourne.
> and my page
> http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/rods
>
> Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote in message