Re: WL3/4 this weekend (and a bit more)

To neety, Dave and Dan (and anyone else interested)

The old PEDESTRIAN bridge at PENRITH STATION is gone, I went there
after lunch today (13/2). I was keen to observe some tar laying going
on near the station entrance on the south side. There was also a guy
hosing down platforms 1/2 with a high pressure hose (hope that pic
works).

On a related topic (how this thread started), WL3 did run via Penrith.
It run through St Marys 20 min late (with 3 long blasts of the horn
about 15-30 secs apart - was it a wake up call to St mary's box?)at a
moderate speed with a shorter than usual train. I noted that the
stripes on the side have gone from these cars with only the name plates
on the side to tell the difference between a Ghan. IP or Overdue car.
(I think there were some IP cars on WL3). I tried to chase it to
Penrith but I was too slow (the fuel light coming on didn't help either.

After that I went to the new Liverpool station (very impressive)and
even saw a Tangarbage with original working indicator. Next stop was
Ingelburn (single line working Glenfield - Campbelltown) with 8215 and
an Endeavour (separate trains obviously) on the down and a Canberra
Xplorer on the up (I had to laugh at a little kid standing next to me
for that shot who thought it was a Tangarbage coming but he saw the
train before I did.)

A quick drive to Glenfield saw assorted trains and buses everywhere.
SL16 with 42203 on the point came and went (about 1 hour late despite
being reported by CountryLink as on time at Moss Vale then
progressively later expected time at Sydney - at one stage I thought
they might have sent it via the Gong).

Across country I then went to the new St Leonards right on sunset. It
is very business like and nothing like I'd seen in Sydney. You would be
forgiven in thinking that the station across the road was still open
though, especially for ppl on foot.

Pics soon on my website.

Eric
Visit my website