Re: The Late Sydney Rail System

ERIKA wrote in message <8a68kv$8r1$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>thing the Cityrail fans,who are in the most case employees,should debate
>on this forum ,in their continuous trying to outdo each other on
>knowledge,is the way Sydney trains run late.
>Although the collar and tie boys dream(as is always )of 92% success rate
>Wednesdays only gets 65% and the average is 86%.The amazing statistic
though
>is on the "quiet" time of mid afternoon only 79% were ontime.However,in
>comparison to Sydney Buses,at least one turns up.
>My figures fans come from the parliamentry tabled statistics.
>May i say that as a railway buff, i have to rely on public transport for
>work and am not a compulsive knocker.

To tell you the truth, I have never had a problem with trains in Sydney and
late running, but then I have always lived on lines that have a fairly
frequent service. If trains are running 15 minutes late, then big deal, I
will gt the one that 10 minutes ago when it arrives in 5 minutes time.

One way that Sydney does fall down though is in the area of passenger
information. If only they could get the destination signs on trains to work
properly it would not be so bad (one would *hope* the driver would know
where he/she was going). If they had adopted a less high-tech (but proven
elsewhere) system they might actually have it working now.

Dvae