Re: [VIC] Idea for a tour

James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> said:

>>  How about getting a loco from Great Northern (: Since the K cars are
>>  used
>> these days, we might as well have some non-standard looking motive
>> power, perhaps T345 up front (: [I'm still waiting for the tour with
>> the flat-tops , I hear T413 doesn't get any use these days]
>
>Several years ago the ARHS organized a trip to Bairnsdale with a T class
>but no one booked on it. I'm not sure if it was a flat top though.

Then the bastard kennet went and closed the line on us. I'm sure if the
fans saw the imminent closure coming, they would have turned up in droves.
Well, rail is now out of the hands of the distrustful politicians, who
knows if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but in the short term, it's a
good thing, with the reopening of the Bairnsdale line, soon to be reopened
South Gippsland line (rumoured, to Koala Siding, using MVO-RTL - maybe
we'll see the Leongatha pass. once again, with the Bairnsdale pass.).

BTW, another interesting idea for a fan trip, would be a train to Hillside.
Are passengers allowed, with the current track restrictions? Perhaps this
is a good time to pull out the wooden cars and T413 - if yes, what are the
organisors waiting for - reopening all the way into Bairnsdale?

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Ph: 0416-044-124

NT Train Management:
BRAKES.EXE - This program has performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down.