Re: TILT TRAIN

In article <7akx4.965$fw5.535194@news0.optus.net.au>,
  dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> Richard (richard_snook@primus.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for
literature by writing:
> > Interesting!!
>
> > Max operating speed 160kph!!
> > Not exactly light speed for this day and age!!
>
> That's fast for Queensland, and narrow gauge in general.
>
> Cheers
> David
I think back in 1993 at the beginning of the North Caost line upgrade,
they were planning to cut the running time between Brisbane and Cairns
to exactly 24 hours for passenger trains and 25 hours for freight
trains. But this never happen, possibly they found out even after the
upgrade, still difficult to keep up with the timing.There are still
number of tight curves(Especially in bewteen Rockhampton and Mackay,
Gympie North and Brisbane), main street section.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/