Re: [VIC] fast trains

Richard <richard_snook@primus.com.au> said:

>When they utter Fast-Trains...what are we talking about ??...  TGV
>technology...or something else...Sprinters on'drugs'..what is fast..150,
>200,250 kph??

Steroid-Sprinters. Capable of 160kph. The original trial of Melbourne-
Ballarat was part of the V/Line Pass. privatisation contract.

Ideally, this would provide the perfect opportunity to fix up the
Melbourne-Ballarat alignment. 1) Standard guage (no freight runs on it
anyway, only pass.) 2) straightening the line out. From there, you can then
run standard guage to Ararat and voila, solve one of the Overland's biggest
hurdles, the abortionous trip via Geelong. This could also work for
freight. V/Line Pass. can then run trains back out to Dimboola if theyre
that way inclined. Broad guage freights can still run via Geelong.

Perhaps if things are really going well, keep dual-guage to Melton, and
electrify the broad, for sparks.

Regards

Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Ph: 0416-044-124

NT Train Management:
BRAKES.EXE - This program has performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down.