Re: North East BG Crossing Loops

In article <89vhd9$80o$1@news1.mpx.com.au>,
  "Rod" <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'll never understand why there is even a BG line past Benalla now,
the
> > amount of trafic is a joke. I mean there is a perfectly good SG
line just
> 2
> > metres besides it.
> > Just on the SG line the Resleepering is going well by the looks. It
is
> just
> > getting out of Barnawartha now. Mind you, I'm not sure why they
left the
> > occasional rotten sleeper in place?
>
> Thats my job you are talking about!
> and anyway your joke made $1.3 millions for Freight Australia these
last 6
> months.
> BG is very necessary.
Exactly, FA pick up all the business that V/line freight didn't had or
never even dream of (like those NSW contracts).

> 1. F/A owns the track and saves hundreds of thousands of $'s track
access
> 2. Geelong Super sidings and Cement Sidings do not have SG access
It will as
> 3. Victorian Government subsidises the Freight Terminal, which in
turn keeps
> FInland Freight charges down .Very Good for the residents of Albury
Wodonga.
> We rarely find surcharges on our goods, and no longer require
mandatory
> trips toMelbourne for our more expensive purchases[exceptions of
course]
> 4. As much of Victorian Silos are still on BG track it is logistically
> better to keep the BG untill all tracks can be converted,
> 5. ALL Nationals V/Line Pass Services are BG, and many more problems
>would
> be made by converting some places and not others
And not to mentioned if all the passenger trains go on SG, you need new
platform at those smaller towns currently not served by XPT, SG also
take a longer route within Melbourne, journey time would extend.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/