Re: North East BG Crossing Loops

Rod, I certainly didnt mean to offend with my comment,  It just seems like a
dreadfuly underutilised asset to me.

You say that it returned 1.3 Mil, this is great! but the line would be
depreciating at an enormous rate too, I wonder if this would end up
swallowing the profits? Could it be more cost effective paying for SG access
rather than the upkeep of an entire  line?

>> 2. Geelong Super sidings and Cement Sidings do not have SG access
-Seems a little silly? why is that?....

Just on the resleepering, the gang must be a little slack on signage, it
would seem that there is no distant slow down signs because the trains have
been absolutely hammering and then all of a sudden break hard for new work
thats just appeared without warning!  Sparks spewing from the brakes are
very common.  What the heck this must be costing in ineficientcy and brake
wear has got to be pricey, and could this be putting extreme forward
pressure on the rail with the heavy breaking?

Michael P.

Rod <freight_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'll never understand why there is even a BG line past Benalla now, the
> > amount of trafic is a joke. I mean there is a perfectly good SG line
just
> 2
> > metres besides it.
> > Just on the SG line the Resleepering is going well by the looks. It is
> just
> > getting out of Barnawartha now. Mind you, I'm not sure why they left the
> > occasional rotten sleeper in place?
>
> Thats my job you are talking about!
> and anyway your joke made $1.3 millions for Freight Australia these last 6
> months.
> BG is very necessary.
> 1. F/A owns the track and saves hundreds of thousands of $'s track access
> 2. Geelong Super sidings and Cement Sidings do not have SG access
> 3. Victorian Government subsidises the Freight Terminal, which in turn
keeps
> FInland Freight charges down .Very Good for the residents of Albury
Wodonga.