Re: Cumnock.???????

Us Two. <nuthous@spamihug.com.au> wrote in message
38C19C58.47B0F1D@spamihug.com.au">news:38C19C58.47B0F1D@spamihug.com.au...
> Yes thanks, I travelled to cumnock Yesterday (Saturday) and it is in a
poor
> state.  And shitty thing is 99% of the damage could only have been done by
> locals.
>

> Mick

 Here, steady on, you're talking about my old home town!  I was born in
Cumnock, and spent some of my formative years peering over the front fence
watching 36 class, standard goods and the odd garratt storm up the grade out
of town towards Larras Lee and Molong.  We moved to Sydney in 1966, (I was
then 9) , and up until that stage the line was almost all steam, apart from
the daily CPH "tin hare". I saw my first real diesels in Sydney!

 I agree with you though that the station was in very poor condition last
time I went back there. Some rough fencing had been put up around it, and
yard was waist deep in weeds. Regrettably , not worth saving.  Was the
nameboard still there?

Regards,

 Paul