Re: [VIC] government announcement re rail upgrades

I have no 'inside knowledge' but it is well known that Freight Australia
want to open the line from Toc. into NSW. It has also been reported in local
press that NSW is now prepared to fight off Victoria's invasion, and that
the Carr Government would put obstacles in Freight Australias way [as if the
access charges in NSW were not already a big enough obstacle]
We now hear that a local Trucking Firm in South Aussie has approached both
ASR and Freight Austalia with a view of renovating and returning to service
at least the Mount Gambia and Snuggery Sections. The tonnages that would be
available out of here would quickly return the outlay on the track. As in
NSW, it will be the Politicians that will need to be 'greased' before
anything can happen.

--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/