[VIC] Steamrail headboard - possibilities

After watching several video's of Easter I now think the new headboard
is a terrible design because of the high contrast colours and especially
the border which makes it far too obtrusive. Photos of Steamrail locos
are now virtually useless without the ability to remove it in Photoshop.
I think a good design might be a VR blue background with yellow
lettering and no border. Ie: similar to the magnet used on the diesels,
but I think a sans-serif font looks better. This stands out more than
enough to satisfy the needs of simple advertising but the dark
background without a border blends in reasonably well with a black loco.
The colours are also appropriate as quite a bit of Steamrail rolling
stock is now in the old VR livery. Here is a digitally modified photo of
R761 showing my design:

http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/temp/r761_mod_headboard.jpg

I welcome any comments/suggestions. Also if you think you can do better
without removing it, I would be interested to see any other designs.
Even though I prefer this design, I still think the best thing would be
to remove the headboard at photostops. If Steamrail insists on leaving
it there, they could at least give us a less obtrusive design.

Note: This image is copyright and may not be used for anything other
than personal non-profit use without my permission.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au