Re: (NSW) Scanner frequencies for rail

An observation to what Tony has said:

"Tony Gatt" <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote in message
39548880.F2875661@tig.com.au">news:39548880.F2875661@tig.com.au...

> Sir Cumspect wrote:
>
> > Great that means I'm allowed to listen into Police Radio, Fire
> > Brigades, Ambulances etc., I think not.
> >
> > Got questions?  Get answers over the phone at Keen.com.
> > Up to 100 minutes free!
> > http://www.keen.com
>
> Wrong. You are allowed to listen to Emergency services.
> As David said:
> "Scanning radio transmissions in Australia is not
> illegal.  Scanning telephone or radio-telephone calls is illegal.  It is
> also an
> offence to divulge what you hear on a radio transmission to person not
> party to
> the conversation."
>
> So you just can't tell anybody what you heard.

Back 16 years ago I received a boating radio licence
from the Department of Communications, clause (e) states that the holder has
made a Declaration that he will preserve the secrecy of radio
communications.

Clause 6 of the handbook studied is quoted:

"Secrecy of communications

An operator must not, without lawful authority, divulge, or make any use
whatsoever of , any portion of the text of any message transmitted, received
or intercepted by his station, or disclose in any manner whatsoever the
existence of any such message."

Regards..   Ted