Re: SLR - First tram to Lilyfield

"Edward L Gay" <Tedieva@bigpond.com> writes:

>"Edward L Gay" <Tedieva@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>b4S35.5107$c5.11322@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:b4S35.5107$c5.11322@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
>> The first test run on the extension to Lilyfield is to be made next
>Friday.
>>

>Whoops!!  Noticed LRV 2101 (the ultimate HSV)  today at about 15:15 on the
>UP at Glebe tram stop checking the platform clearance.

 They just wanted you to lead us Gunzals astray didn't they :-)

 Hot off 'The Gimp',
http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/railway/slr/images/Extension_Construction/06_June/20000623_132421.jpg

 2103 at Glebe station, around 13:20 today. I had walked along side the track
from Wentworth Park where I saw 2104 on a regular service. 2103 must have
ran from the depot direct when I snapped it at Glebe. The tram slowly
run past the station and stopped at the Glebe tunnel portal. They left back
toward Wentworth park at some what higher speed. I assume they were testing
or calibrating the ATC system.

 Other shots at
http://www.sleeper.apana.org.au/railway/slr/images/Extension_Construction/06_June/
 not all are up at this time, so the list will grow over the weekend as I
feed more through 'The Gimp' and webify them.