Re: Biggest level crossing?

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
394F81AD.4A328830@ozemail.com.au">news:394F81AD.4A328830@ozemail.com.au...
> Dave Proctor wrote:
>
> > "David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > 394F545B.842B1274@ozemail.com.au">news:394F545B.842B1274@ozemail.com.au...

> > > Parramatta Road would be Sydney's worst.
> >
> > Really? The disruption to rad traffic is minimal (not all that often, I
have
> > never ever had to stop there, even in peak hour).
> >
> > Given the frequency of services on the Carlingford line, the disrution
> > road traffic is inconsequential.
>
> You have never stopped there, therefore there is minimal disruption?
Wierd
> argument...

No, I was referring to the infrequency that traffic is stopped there.

> Back to my list in a different thread with comparisons of traffic
disruptions:

> 1 @ Yennora - Usually about 4 or 5 cars every 5-10 minutes
> 1 @ Liverpool - Usually about 1 car every 3-4 minutes
> 1 @ Casula - Usually no cars every 5-10 minutes
> 1 @ Clyde - Usually about 100 cars every 30 minutes
> Some @ Sandown - Inconsequential
> 2 @ Riverstone - 1 - About 15 cars every 15 minutes - 2 - None every 30
minutes
> 1 @ Vineyard - Usually no cars every 30 minutes
> 2 @ Mulgrave - Usually about 1 car every 30 minutes
> 1 @ Windsor - Usually no cars every 30 minutes
> 1 @ Clarendon - Usually about 1 car every 30 minutes
> 1 @ East Richmond - Usually about 15 cars every 30 minutes
> 1 @ Enfield - Inconsequential
>
> Which has "the most disruption to road traffic"?

100 cars at Clyde? Only at peak hour, the rest of the day there is not a
lot.

Remember, there are five lanes of traffic there, 3 city bound and 2 west
bound. For there to be 100 cars, that would have to involve 20 cars per
lane, each lane. Allowing 10 metres per vehicle (some are bigger, some are
smaller, plus gaps between cars) means the queue goes back over 200 metres.
This never happens outside the peak, and during the peak most of the traffic
is on the M$ anyway.

Dave