Re: More Gauntlet Track

I mean real gauntlet track.  The original single line crossed on a narrow
wooden bridge, and when the line was duplicated in December 1913, "they"
wished to avoid building another bridge so the down and up tracks were
interlaced, and treated as single line with staff working in the best NSW
Govt Tramways style.

For further reading see The Manly Lines, produced by Transit Press in 1995.

Graeme Cleak.

MiCRiC <slagel@senet.com.au> wrote in message
> By gauntlet track do you mean bonded track?
>
> micric
>
> Graeme Cleak wrote:
> >
> > There was also gauntlet track on the Manly Tramways, on the Narrabeen
Line,