Re: Late tours (was: Wakool trip)

mk@netstra.com.au (Michael [remote]) wrote in
<8F57A29DEtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>:

>We arrived in Spencer Street at 02:11. Having lost our path to two
>freights, and hitting [new ballast|sheep|dog|cow] R711 nearly lost it's
>front pilot (at the moment, it sits indented inwards, not outwards like
>normal), it certainly promised for a late night. I think the trip was well
>worth it though, those who motorcaded it or photographed it from the
>outside missed out on a fun trip. If not the joy of sitting in a carriage
>the whole day, at least the famous hotdogs being served up in the BRS car,
>or the delicious meals put out by the kitchen staff would have made the
>day. Running along at speed, R711 sounded magnificent as ever.

Further to this, having been watered at Kyneton at about 0000 (dep 0020)
not many people considered the possibility of a photo of the following: a)
R711 b) the only interlocked swing gates left in Australia, c) Kyneton
Signal Box. I did, and since I'm not too experienced at time exposures,
it's probably not going to turn out :/

How many other ausrailers went on this trip, I only saw one (Hi Rod
Smith!)..

Michael