Re: www.virginblue.com.au

OK so let's say, for instance, I live in Lismore and want to go
to Newcastle?

Am I going to drive up to Brisbane and get a flight down to
Sydney then get an interurban train up to Newcastle? What a
waste of time. I'd be better off just driving to Newcastle
(assuming I have a reliable car) or - taking the XPT!

We must remember that long distance trains serve passengers all
along their route as well as those at either end.

ANDREW

"Eric Cartman" <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote in message
394a18d5@news.iprimus.com.au">news:394a18d5@news.iprimus.com.au...
> At first glance, the words Virgin Blue may not appear to have
much to do
> with railfans (or maybe it does, who knows?) at first glance
but it appears
> as though it might.
>
> As you are possibly aware, Virgin Blue is the name of the 2nd
major
> competitor for Ansett and QANTAS on the
Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane routes
> (Impulse being the first). What impact do you think that these
new airlines
> will have on rail services on this corridor? Both new
companies describe
> their services as no frills to reduce the cost of flying, with
no meals or
> inflight entertainment included in the fare (sounds like
CountryLink now but
> many less hours)?
>
> FYI, Impulse are now operating Sydney - Canberra and Sydney -
Melbourne and

http://www.erk.au.com/erktrans/