Re: [NSW] CityRail ticketing query.

David Johnson wrote:

 John Duncan McCallum wrote:

 > When I was in Sydney recently, I purchased a Wynyard to Kiama return
 > ticket.
 > When I returned to Sydney, I tried to exit at Central because that
 > station was
 > closest to my destination, but the validators would not accept it. I
had
 > to exit
 > via the manned gate, where it was accepted.
 > I would have thought that a ticket would have been valid at any
Sydney
 > station
 > that was not beyond the purchasing station.
 > Any answers?

 It should have been accepted, unless the ticket had already been put
through
 three machines (unlikely).

 --
 David Johnson

The only validator the ticket had been through prior to arriving back at
Central was the one at Wynyard.

John McCallum, member Melbourne PC User Group,
email <mccallum@melbpc.org.au>