Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:56:03 GMT, Vaughan Williams
<ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote:

>> Daily ticket will be available on trams soon.
>
>Where did you get this?
>I know the tram operators have obfuscated and said they'd love to and
>would investigate feasibility and so on when it transpired this was at
>the top of passengers wish lists.
>
>Do you know when this is happening? Do you have a reference of it being
>confirmed?

I seen somthing in a Mexican paper that one of my work mates had,
stating that the machines are to be modified to sell dailies.
Apparently the tram companies are paying the owner of the machines for
the design and modification costs. But they will still only take coins
and there will be no change machines.

>> validation is not all that troublesome, I guess people wouldn't mind
>doing
>> so.
>
>It serves no useful purpose and I refuse to do it.

Why does it serve no useful purpose? Would you object to having to do
it on a bus? Wouold you object to have to do it going through a train
station? I did it 4 times a day for the two years I lived in Sydney,
didn't hurt me. The only people that seemed to dodge the gates at
stations where a person was manning them were 'undesirable types', and
those who appear to not like change. Get over it.
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright