Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

Vaughan Williams wrote:

> > In the next few month all Premium station will recieve barriers and
> shut.
> > This would make National bus user very frustrated! (NB still use
> traditional
> > ticket)
>
> There will still be some open gates for these people.

AFAIK, all barrier gates will be closed from 1st July 2000.  In fact at
least one Hillside station is already doing this during weekday afternoon
peak.  To assist customers with non-Metcard tickets, staff manning the
gates have Metcard Xpress on hand.

> [snip]
>
> > validation is not all that troublesome, I guess people wouldn't mind
> doing
> > so.
>
> It serves no useful purpose and I refuse to do it.

How good are you with your high jump, as you may need it when you find all
gates are shut?