Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

> As the tickets can be used over a number of different private train,
> tram and bus operators, how would they split up the revenue without
> recording when people board the different trains, trams or buses.
> Validating tickets is the only way to do this. I would rather
validate a
> ticket than have to buy a seperate ticket for buses, trams and trains.
> When I go to uni I have to get a bus and then a tram. Validating a
> single ticket is much easier and cheaper than buying seperate tickets
> for the two different operators.

the same way they do it now, because the validations don't provide
accurate data.

Transferring between services is an inconvenience, requiring an extra
fare for the disservice (or, to a lesser extent, requiring the existing
ticket to be poked into a slot) adds insult to injury. Its the public
authority's fault that you have to transfer, not yours, and it needs to
be made as convenient as possible.

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.