Re: [Vic] Metcard - What could be done.

Roderick Smith wrote:

> Anonymous Railvic wrote:
>
> > So this mean when you lost a periodic ticket (eg. Student pass
> > half-yearly/yearly and Adult yearly), the person who find it can take the
> > advantage and use it.  Currently, lost periodic tickets can be "cancelled"
> > (hot listed) and when they are put through a validator, they will be
> > rejected.  How would you feel when you lost your $1,575 Yearly Zone 1-2-3
> > Adult ticket and someone else is using it?  How else can you pickup those
> > cancelled tickets without revalidation??
> >

> Railvic is going for a tail-wagging-dog argument.
> The inconvenience of every periodical ticket holder having to poke a valid
> ticket into a machine adds up to a greater disaster than a minute number lost.
>
> AFAIK, the world's better systems tie the periodical to a photo, just like a
> periodical ski ticket and a driving licence.
> The risk of loss is very slight: How often have you lost a driving licence?
> If I lose a phonecard, the finder benefits.

If you lost a week-old yearly Adult ticket, would you still say "the finder
benefits"?  You may say yes, but others may not be so "charitable".

> I have yet to see any 17 year old lose a fake nightclub id.

However, they do loss genuine student half/yearly pass.  Replacement still coming
in at the rate of at least one a week at an outer suburban station!

Railvic