Re: FAQ (was: Re: Is aus.rail bad?)

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> said:

>> Fortnightly ought to be sufficient.
>
>Some ISP's have retention times of less than this (My first one when I
>moved out here to Penrith was like this).

If it's posted weekly, there is a bigger likelyhood that people will
actually read it. As Dave Proctor states, some ISPs have article retention
dates of less than the fortnightly goal stated above, some news s(w)ervers
hold articles for less than a few days at best.

I'd be happy to see any other comments on this. In the meantime, I will
build a script tonight & test it (via appropriate test newsgroup) - May
have something workable by the weekend (Sunday 0:00 sounds like a good
posting time). If the frequency we conclude to here turns out to be too
small or too large it will be a 5 second modification.

Regards

Michael