Re: Most hated color scheme

Rod Young wrote:

> > I hate Steamrail's non-authentic Santa Fe imitation. As far as I'm
> > concerned a preservation group should preserve everything as accurately
> > as possible, including the livery.
> >
> > --
> > - James Brook -
> >

> You have no sense of humour at all, and I believe that Steam Rail did not
> pay a penny towards its painting. I say good one Stevie boy!

If Steamrail didn't pay for this, does this mean that Steamrail will let
anyone paint their equipment in whatever livery they like as long as
they pay for it? Although I think the volunteers deserve to have some
fun when they rebuild/restore something, this sort of fantasy isn't
preservation and it is more like gunzelling. Although I prefer authentic
re-creations of the past, I wouldn't really complain if several
volunteers painted a loco in a livery like this for about 6 months just
for something different. What I do object to is leaving it in this
livery for several years.

Preservation shouldn't be non-stop gunzelling with headboards, non-VR
nameplates and non-authentic liveries. Coliban shows what Steamrail is
capable of and it would be really good to see more carriages and locos
painted properly without yellow lettering and the non-removable
headboard. I do have a sense of humor, but I don't find S313's livery
"humorous" and no matter what anyone says, I don't like this livery and
I don't like what it stands for.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: