Re: not quite what was meant...

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> said:
>
> >On a returning fantrip from Mansfield (Vic., late 1960s), stopped at Yea,
> >the organiser announced 'This train will be leaving as soon as the guard
> >pulls off'.
>
> On a spark fan trip last year, an announcement went over the PA at Flinders
> Street station platform 4+5 "This train does not take normal passengers".

Shades of a tour at Hornsby in the 1970s, where the station PA
announcement said "This train does not convey passengers". In a
remarkable example of spontaneous co-operation, all the passengers in at
least one carriage made extremely loud and effective cow "moo" noises as
the carriage passed the station assistant responsible. I still remember
the amazed non-comprehending look on the gentleman's face.

Eddie