Re: Most hated trains in Australia! :-) (was: Favourite train/tram [Aus wide])

> Actually I quite enjoyed it through to Quilpie in 1992. Setting back at
> Toowoomba, dividing at Charleville, big thick steaks in the buffet car....

I managed to go on it twice before they cut it short, once to Quilpie, once
to Cunnamulla.  I haven't been on it since, though I would like to, if only
for the fact that on the return trip you travel down the Toowoomba Range in
daylight...

John