Re: Most hated trains in Australia! :-) (was: Favourite train/tram [Aus wide])

These are my answers.

James Brook wrote:

> What is the rolling stock you hate?

Former SAR 700 (BK) series carriages. The windows are terrible, they
often stink because some idiot designed them with the toilet in the
middle of the passenger saloon and they are extremely noisy. The SAR
should have made more 500 and 600 cars as they are a much better design.
WCR should re-design the interior of the BK's to have compartments! :-)

> What suburban train do you hate?

The old perth suburban railcars that now operate in NZ. They are
hideous! Absolutely no style at all. :-)

> What interurban train do you hate?

All interurban trains are fairly similar and I don't really hate any of
them but the Victorian H sets are the worst because the seats often
don't match the windows.

> What intercity train do you hate?

The XPT when it fails! :-) Apart from that its a nice train.

> What Long Distance train do you hate?

Although I don't exactly hate it, the old Intercapital Daylight wasn't
exactly the nicest train around.

> What route do you hate?

I usually like most railway and tram lines.

> What tram do you hate?

I don't hate it but the Z class tram is too small and it gets filled up
very easily.

> What station do you hate?

Fort Jacana and any similar buildings! :-)

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au