Re: Spies, Lies and Olympics - ABC-TV, 31/5

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:03:53 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David
Bromage) wrote:

>Inner Circle. Trains from the country (north and west) ran through to
>Flinders St to pick up a pilot (driver) or change locos, set down at
>Jolimont, then through to Spencer St (empty) via Clifton Hill and ROyal
>Park.

The western and southern side of the triangle was closed in 1965. I
remember it from my travels around the suburban system in 1963-64

>Don't know if all of the Outer Circle was still in place in 1956.

No, bits were lifted during WW1. East Kew-East Camberwell was lifted
around 1948

>City Circle didn't open until the early 80s.

Les Brown

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.