Re: Favourite train/tram [Aus wide]

James C <jamesccj@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
393b9ef4$0$8417$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:393b9ef4$0$8417$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Here is mine:
>
> > What's your all time favourite rolling stock?
> QR's tilt train, if you don't believe me try out the business class.
pass:  QR 2000 class railcar

> > What's your favourite suburban train?
> QR's SMU2
pass:

> > what's your favourite interurban train?
> QR's IMU (1996-
Pass:  Vicotria's Sprinter (1992-1996)
and pass still QR's ICE (1988-1992)

> > Favourite Intercity train?(v/line or XPT/tilt train or day trains)
> Tilt train still,
Pass: Overland(just before the cut back ) / Aurora and  Sydney/Melbourne
express and Brisbane Limited (service was good and there were good space for
passengers).

> > Favourite long distance train? (Land crusing style such as Indian
Pacific
> > and Queenslander or mail train)
> Ghan,
>
> Queenslander and Indian Pacific a close 2nd and 3rd.
> Queenslander missed out by not be able to offer individual shower in each
> cabinet, Indan Pacific's catering is a dissapointment despite I travelled
by
> first class all the time.

Pass: Capricornian  (anyone remember this train??)

Cheers
James