Re: [Melb] Swanston Trams Crash

> > On the news, two trams crashed in St.Kilda Road near Domain Road about
> > 1600 (1st June 2000) with one driver trapped.
>
> The crashed trams have been taken away and the trapped driver has been
> taken to hospital with a broken leg.

A couple of pictures from Channel 9 news (not good quality) have been
put onto one of my webpages at:
http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/z1-16-maybe.jpg
http://cmgord.alphalink.com.au/trains/sw6-869.jpg

I think the Z class was Z1.16, but I am not sure, and the W class was
SW6.869

The W class ran into the back of the Z class.

In other threads and news the W class trams have had a couple near
misses because of faulty brakes. (well the auto brakes adjusters).  I do
not know the cause of this crash, but I feel sorry for the driver of the
W class who now has a broken leg.

--

Chris Gordon

http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig