Re: bullhead rail in NSW

chris <chris@enet21.com.au> writes:

>thanks to all who gave info.

>One further question, is there any rail museum in NSW that has a short length
>of this track (a couple of metres) constructed as a exhibit or rails and chairs
>stored for such a purpose.Maybe the Powerhouse?-I'll have to take another look
>there, but then they aren't really a rail museum. I think they may have the
>earlier 1855's "barlow rail"-? under loco number 1.

>Chris

The museum at Armidale Station has a number of displays of historic
rail types and construction methods, don't know about bullhead
specificaly. They do have some barlow rail.  Another spot where
I remember seing some unusual old rail was as posts holding up the
retaining wall around the yard crane at Guyra, can't remember whether
it was bullhead or barlow.
--
Stephen Tolhurst		     S.Tolhurst@isu.usyd.edu.au
Data Network Manager	     +61 2 9351 5506