Re: [VIC] Dreamtime2-train to Bass Coast

It is hard to underestimate the number of road buses that travel Melbourne to
Phillip Island each evening to see the penguins.  I have travelled the other way
one day a couple of years ago and we passed a bus about every 30 seconds.  There
would have been about 100 buses I reckon - many of them full size and run by
major tour companies, but also mini-buses run by boutique 'interpreter tours'
for Japanese and Chinese tourists, and self-drive jobs.  If a half decent
railway couldn't muster up a trainload out of a market then large then there's
something wrong.

The most reaslistic approach, and one that could be done today without any new
trackage being built, would be to run a tourist train to Stony Point connecting
with a tourist ferry to the Pengies.  Particularly during the summer daylight
saving seasin I reckon this would be a goer.