Re: Driver Training 3

"Mr X" <Rail.bob.eastwestfreight@foothills.net> wrote in message
oSQg5.55272$N4.1775486@ozemail.com.au">news:oSQg5.55272$N4.1775486@ozemail.com.au...
> Have you heard of the ARTC?

Yes - that is a body that states can voluntarily hand over control of their
main interstate railways to. Note the word "voluntarily" in that statement.

Now, would you please explain to me how track access requirements "will have
to become federal soon" and what mechanisms the Commonwealth proposes to use
to force NSW and Western Australia to hand over their rail lines, and how
this is consistent with s.51 of the Constitution, which gives the
Commonwealth ONLY the following powers over railways:

"(xxxii) The control of railways with respect to transport for the naval and
military purposes of the Commonwealth;
(xxxiii) The acquisition, with the consent of a State, of any railways of
the State on terms arranged between the Commonwealth and the State:
(xxxiv) Railway construction and extension in any State with the consent of
that State:"

So, how will the Commonwealth achieve this, which, according to you, has to
happen?

Dave

> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> zdQg5.491115$VR.6165407@news5.giganews.com">news:zdQg5.491115$VR.6165407@news5.giganews.com...
> > "Mr X" <Rail.bob.eastwestfreight@foothills.net> wrote in message
> > Q8Qg5.55158$N4.1774513@ozemail.com.au">news:Q8Qg5.55158$N4.1774513@ozemail.com.au...
> > > Accreditation is only the beginning.
> > >
> > > This is a very basic nature of track access requirements, which will
> have
> > > become federal soon.
> >
> > Are you planning a referendum to change the Constitution to make
railways
> > federal responsibility?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > > Peter Homann <phomann@optushome.com.au> wrote in message