Re: Sydney trains in video clips etc

Heres some more to get you reminiscing...........

- Jenny Morris filmed a clip for the song "Body and Soul" on a stage set up
between the tracks at the Domain portal of the Eastern Suburbs Railway back
in the mid 80's.

- the Jimmy Barnes video (Australian version) for "ain't no second prize"
featured shots of Jimmy pacing freight trains and loco hauled "moss vale
passengers" on a horse. this was shot on the short south somewhere around
Yerringbool. The American version did not use the "pacing" footage but did
have "Barnsie" and his guitarist at the time, Kevin Borich, "standing"
inside the door of a louvre van whilst most of the line from Croydon to
Lewisham passed by in the background. As expected the footage shot between
Corydon and Lewisham was shot from a suburban train and superimposed into
the footage take in the studio.

- I figure "Barnsie" kinda likes trains as his next album was titled
"Freight Train Heart" and the video for the first single "Still on Your
Side" had sequences shot on Hawkesbury River station with "u boats" and v
sets in the background.

- Sydney band spy.v.spy made a video clip in the Botany Road sidings (Sydney
Terminal) in front of the Mortuary Station in the mid to late 80's. The name
of the song eludes me but it was their second single after "Don't Tare it
Down". (check you collections of fine 80's vinyl !!)

- Whilst this one does not feature Sydney trains, Sheena Easton, an early
80's singer from England's video for "9 to 5 (morning train)" was shot at
the Bluebell Railway in England. The song was (unfortunately?) no1 out here
for a while around 1981. If you happen to catch re-runs of Countdown on the
ABC (usually shown during "RAGE") check out the video. The song (and maybe
the singer) is pretty average but the trains are worth a look!

catch ya when i think of some more...............

dougie

397d79fd@pink.one.net.au">news:397d79fd@pink.one.net.au...