Re: [Melb] Herald-Sun story about the Connex Comeng

Andrew Box <boxy@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
b7Ye5.11030$4p3.82756@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:b7Ye5.11030$4p3.82756@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Hi
>
> It really seems that the media in Melbourne can't get the news correct
about
> the re-furbished connex comeng 3-car set.  The Age and 3aw have said it is
> 8-car set and now this from "Facelift on track", Herald-Sun 24/7/00.
"Blue
> and yellow stripes and a bolt on fiberglass nosecone of the first connex
> train did little to disguise the refurbished HITACHI rattler that
Melbourne
> travelers know well"  Well I must say, connex have made that Hitachi
rattler
> look so-much like a comeng, wait a minute Herald-Sun, connex have
> refurbished a comeng not a hitachi.
>
> Also does anyone know when the connex-comeng will hit the rails in revenue
> service?
They actually arrived early, they were suppose to have the media launch 6
month later:-) and into service follow by that. I guess soon is the word.

Cheers
James