Re: [NSW] 240 minor incidents friday-tuesday

"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
8F797F223gunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F797F223gunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net...
> Keith Blake <blakex2@tpg.com.au> said:
>
> >In an article i obtained it stated there were 240 minor incidents
> >between last friday and tuesday.
>
> Wonderful media at work, again.
>
> >One incident at Mortdale where passengers were locked in the train, as
> >it drove into a siding.
>
> I wonder if the train was meant to terminate at Mortdale, but the
> passengers did not understand the PIDS, DVA, Desto, and numerous PA
> announcements saying "This train is terminating here, all out all change
> please, all out all change". Happens all the time in Melbourne.

All out or change seems a little rash. Perhaps "passengers are reminded that
the train will not convey passengers from here onwards and are requested to
alight"? Some passengers are really stupid you know.

> >Other problems were also encountered at Penshurst, Eastwood, Bardwell
> >Park, Allowah, and Eastwood.
>
> Did they say what the problems were?

Yes, stops accidentally "missed", the only possibility for missing Eastwood
is if the train came from the Central Coast--otherwise all suburban trains
(with the exception of one) on the main north stop at eastwood.

> >2 more serious incidents occuring on tuesday with trains travelling down
> >the wrong track.

they say this day "wrong track", but it really is went down the wrong
path -- I interpret "wrong track" as suddenly crossing from up to down line
and vice versa!

> It's "serious" when a train gets sent into the path of another train, and
> the signalling allows this. Signalling should NOT and most likely will NOT
> allow two trains to crash into each other. Train drivers on the other
> hand.... Especially with lack of experience.
>
> >1. At 7:59pm a train left Granville on the western line to Penrith
> >rather than the southern line to Liverpool.
>
> Signaller fscked up.
>
> >2. At 8.10pm, a train travelled to Sydenham instead of the airport

happened many times since Airport line problems started (the second day it
opened???)

Michael Kurkowski (michael {dot} kurkowski {at} gunzel {dot} net)

> http://www.gunzel.net
> Telephone: 0438 775506

btw, what phone company are you with Micheal? I remember 0425/0426 is
Telstra's CDMA numbers, but what is 0438??