Re: (NSW) Tourist Dining Train Attacked at Couridjah

eikkert@my-deja.com wrote:

> > All the photos of the TGV I have seen, and original drawings of the
> > proposed VFT shown in the '80s show continuos Cyclone fencing and a
> > pretty wide perway, which include graded access roads both sides. I
> > presume this would be the case.

> Yes, this was mainly for the cows, a stationary cow would be moving at
> 360kmh relative to the VHST. I've never collided with a cow moving at
> 360kmh but I assume they do quite a bit of damage.

While it makes a bit of a mess of the fibreglass/composite nose, the cow
definately comes off second best.

Actually, wild deer are more of a problem than cows in France. In
Australia, you can postulate what might happen to a stray kangaroo.

Cheers
David