Re: (NSW) Tourist Dining Train Attacked at Couridjah

> All the photos of the TGV I have seen, and original drawings of the
> proposed VFT shown in the '80s show continuos Cyclone fencing and a
> pretty wide perway, which include graded access roads both sides. I
> presume this would be the case.

Yes, this was mainly for the cows, a stationary cow would be moving at
360kmh relative to the VHST. I've never collided with a cow moving at
360kmh but I assume they do quite a bit of damage.

For those interested Dr Sri Bandyopadhyay at UNSW may still have some
copies of articles published at a conference held in Sydney a few months
ago. They come in two thick volumes discussing polymer use in
transportation industry and includes British and international high
polymer plates designed for use in the walls of high speed trains and
various criteria for polymer use in such trains. Also included are
road and air transport. They cost quite a pretty penny though...I think
it was 200 dollars for the two, I forget.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.