Re: NSW support puts rail project on track for federal approval

Audrey Ngingali <kinneara@webone.com.au> wrote in message
397a73a0@iridium.webone.com.au">news:397a73a0@iridium.webone.com.au...
> Canberra Times 22/07/2000
>
> Robert Macklin in article "Dream Deserving of Derailment"
>
> "The trouble with the Speedrail proposal is twofold."
>
> "First, at $4 billion to build, the Sydney-Canberra link is
>overwhelmingly
> uneconomic.
Not ture, there are plenty of threads here explained how this link will make
into black ink.

> "Second, the wheel on track Speedrail technology belongs to the 19th
> century. It cannot meet the demands of a wider
> Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide network> That will come only when the
> magnetic levitation system - Maglev - is up and running. But if Canberra
is
> already fitted with a Speedrail link to Sydney, we will be effectively
> isolated from the rest of the nation on an incompatible system."
I suspect this person probabily came from road lobby group or avitation
lobby group. Exactly which part of Speedrail belongs to 19 century
technology???? and why can't it met deamnd on eastern route?  This person
obviously have extremely poor knowledge of high speed rail or anything on
rail.

Cheers
James