Re: (NSW) Tourist Dining Train Attacked at Couridjah

   I am planning on purchasing a rail pass next year and spending 3 weeks in
Australia. Should I be prepared to duck?
   From the tone of this post, it sounds like this is not a usual
occurrence, and that in the Oz culture, better behavior is expected(?). How
common is this? Are buses and cars attacked with rocks?
   Are there areas to avoid while travelling by train? As a Californian,
reading books on Oceania, I am surprised. I got the impression that
Australians were pretty relaxed, or 'laid back' as people here say.
   I have ridden a number of trains in Calif. in the past 30 years, and
three times saw boys 10-15 years old throw rocks, only once were they close
enough to hit the train.
   It is probably more common here for a person's body to hit the train than
a rock thrown. I was riding a train last February when a man threw himself
on the tracks. It happens regularly in Calif. How about in Oz?
Craig Ericsson

8lcg8h$bsl$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8lcg8h$bsl$1@nnrp1.deja.com...