Re: Good bye Hillside, Hello Connex Rail

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
UnYd5.443647$VR.5605860@news5.giganews.com">news:UnYd5.443647$VR.5605860@news5.giganews.com...
> "James C" <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote in message
> 39784f38$0$11145$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39784f38$0$11145$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>
> > > I mean, as a commuter, I don't give a flying fsck about the name of
the
> > > company transporting me. Just get me there. Quickly. Cheaply.
Reliably.

> > > Paul.
>
> > I really prefer a name that shows location and purpose, such as
Melbourne
> > Metro, Melbourne trains etc.
>
> Why? The very area that they are operating in should indicate all of that.
> You do not need to have toe name "Melbourne" in the trading name for you
> use them, do you? If so, you are rather fickle.
I just though that the na e<Hillside> is good enough, and money really
should be spend on something like upgrade rolling stocks/stations
 facilities etc rather then name changes. As a user you won't get much from
a change of name. But if the money spent on facilities upgarde, users will
get benifit straight away.

National Express didn't  bother to change Bayside/Swanston and V/line to
something fancy.

Cheers
James