GSR called Overland a winner

http://www.gsr.com.au/media_release_2000/oland_winner.htm

Coach class booking up 41% and increase passengers in all class...

I'm afraid this increase is only temporaly as from my personal experience,
the train is not more attractive enough then coaches and airlines. The train
itself is hardly luxury, if you ever visit the club car you can see those
old reading lights provided for sitters still there, along with toliet sign
and luggage rack:-). GSR still owns two of the original club car and both
are in good condition, one of the club car, club car no. 2 is stabling at
Spencer street platform 2, interior is still the same which would be a hit
for the passengers.

4 times wekly schedule is a sucidal attempt for important townships along
the route. Fare is not much cheaper then airlines or coaches.

Hopefully GSR can increase frequency of the train and pay more attension how
to hold on to their cuntomers.

Cheers
James