Re: New Homebush station NSW

Hijacked:

Me thinks Cityrail should use the system QR Cityrain is using at Central,
Roma Street, Brunswick Street and Toowong for their PIDS. For those who have
visited Qld between 1996 and present will know what I'm talking about. They
are all CRT screens and scroll between a summary of what trains are leaving
north bound or southbound and then more in depth details for the train that
is due in the platform the screens are situated on. For example, they scroll
between a colour-coded screen (say green for the Caboolture/Ipswich line)
with white text saying whether this train is just an all-stops Ipswich train
or  an express to Ipswich running express between the following stations ...
It then scrolls to a screen which displays the trains stopping pattern and
also if the train is a 3-car unit, an extra icon is shown next to the time
in the upper right of the screen. Also there is room to display
Ipswich/Rosewood on these displays too.

There is also another version of PIDS in Brisbane too, it uses a double row,
red scrolling LED display to display trains and times at Bowen Hills and
Northgate.

Can somebody point me to a link that shows what these plasma displays look
like? I will also slap up a sample QR PIDS display in HTML on my web page
soon.

--
Dean A Stalker
Email: qrhistory@dingoblue.net.au

Eric Cartman <erkV69@erk.au.com> wrote in message
397411fc$1@news.iprimus.com.au">news:397411fc$1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> Hi all
>
> There is a new Homebush station between Granville and
Merrylands.........at